After battling cancer for years, Randy Pausch received the fateful news that the cancer had returned and he only had a few months to live. Randy spent the last month of his life delivering his final message to the world. Here are a few takeaways:
- “You can’t control the cards you’re dealt, but you can control how you play the hand.” Stop complaining about your unique circumstances and make the best out of them.
- “Never stop dreaming.” Growing up is not an excuse to stop dreaming.
- “The brick walls that are in the way are not there to keep you out, they are there to show you how bad you want something.” Use the challenges in your life to teach, train and help you grow into the person you want to become.
- “Tell the truth”. It’s that simple.
- Learn to apologize properly:
- 1) I’m sorry
- 2) It was my fault
- 3) How do I make it right?
Jackie Robinson was the first black baseball player to join the MBL. In his contract he was prohibited from complaining when he was spit on by other players. Jackie proved that you can either complain about your circumstance or you can focus on making history. Never stop dreaming, live your life the right way, and your dreams will come to you.